Tuesday, April 1, 2008

banana cream pie


I made my very first raw dessert the other day, and if I say so myself, it turned out quite well! It's Banana Cream Pie, and it was so crazy easy to make. I am sort of astounded at how easy it is to prepare raw foods. The only thing it takes that is extra is remembering to soak things if they need soaking in advance - and that will happen with practice, it will become easy.

I cannot find where I got the original recipe right now, but the crust is dates, coconut and pecans, processed together and pressed into a pie pan. The filling is 4 bananas, tahini, 1/2 cup of coconut and I think cinnamon. I poured it in and sprinkled more coconut on but you could also slice bananas and spread them on top as well. I put it in the freezer for a couple of hours before we ate it. It is so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!