Sunday, July 19, 2015

This here's Bessie

My husband has spent the better part of the last 6 months getting to know our RV inside and out. Since he has been the one doing almost all of the manual labor of tearing down shelves, making new ones, painting, repairing, replacing, etc, he has REALLY gotten to know our RV.

We're trying to come up with a good name for her, for once we're on the road. The obvious ones like "The Tardis" (it really IS bigger on the inside) and "Serenity" (I aim to misbehave) are already taken, by many other RVers. This doesn't mean we CAN'T use those names, but just that it's not so unique anymore. I want a name that will speak to who we are as a family (both of those do, actually).

Some I've come up with, but my family has voted down, are: 


  • Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Heart of Gold 
  • Unwritten 
  • Unless 
  • Closer to Fine 
  • Exactly
  • The Improbability Drive
  • Rainbow Connection
  • Serenity
  • The Tardis
  • Allonsy
  • Bad Wolf
  • The Pugmobile (actually my son came up with this one, and it hasn't yet been shot down)
Props for anyone who gets ALL of my references. Or even some.

Since my husband has been in the RV so much, he has taken to calling it "Bessie". I'm not sure why, since when he told me, I immediately said, "This here's Bessie. finest road paving machine this side of the Mississippi," and he said, "Was that the name of the paver in the Cars movie?" I guess he thinks of our RV as a pet cow?

So maybe "bessie" is in the mix for a name. I don't know what it will be, but we're going to figure it out soon!

What would you name your RV? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!