Thursday, May 26, 2016

TBT - The First Kirbys

In the sumer of 2012, before we were able to find manufactured Kirby plush, my son asked me to make some for him. He wanted four, in different colors: 


Yellow Kirby



Blue Kirby



Green Kirby



and Pink, aka Regular Kirby aka Kirby. You might notice that Pink's feet are different to the others, and that's because I later remade them so he would stand. I learned a few things about feet, like using cardboard or hard plastic in the bottoms (recycled yogurt lids) and making little beanbags to weight the bottoms. So pink can stand on its own, unlike the others. Eventually I intended to make the other three so they could stand as well, but as of yet, it hasn't happened. I guess it dropped off of the priority list. 



Since then he has amassed quite a collection of Kirby plush, manufactured, handmade by another maker (the large Dedede), and Mom-made:



He remains a true Kirby fan through and through! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!