Thursday, October 27, 2016

Spicy Healing Ginger Dressing (recipe)

Anthony William, Medical Medium, posted an article on the website GOOP today, and I think it's worth a read. It details the healing properties of "The Big Four" healing foods - which symptoms and conditions they address, the best forms to eat them in, how they help us physically and emotionally.

Did you know that healing foods actually help us emotionally as well? Because I didn't - that's pretty amazing, but also I DO feel that. Like how a cup of chamomile tea is calming, or how eating a ripe juicy strawberry feels good all the way down to my toes, or how a little raw honey feels like it's feeding my soul.

Sometimes I like my salad to be more simple (today's was lettuce, carrots, cucumbers and sprouts) and my dressing to be the big healer. Llately I am doing this more and more. If I don't want to eat radishes, for example, but I want the healing benefit, into my salad dressing they go for a nice spicy kick. Thank the Universe for high speed blenders, right? I use my Vitamix multiple times a day, and I love it.

 After reading the article I got inspired to spice up my lunch salad dressing with one of those four, ginger. I highly recommend reading the full article, but from it, a snippet about ginger: 

Ginger is one of the most important tools for giving ourselves respite from a reactive state. When you’ve been going a mile a minute from morning until night and you finally start to check out mentally and emotionally, the physical body often stays reactive, in a heightened, spasmodic state. This is how stress-related illnesses such as adrenal fatigue, acid reflux, sleep apnea, spastic bladder, insomnia, digestive issues such as spastic colon and gastritis, and chronic muscle pain can get kicked up. Ginger is the ultimate antispasmodic. A cup of ginger tea can calm an upset stomach and relax any other areas of tension for up to 12 hours. Rather than acting as a nerve tonic, it acts as a tonic for the organs and muscles, telling the body that it can let go, that everything is under control.
There is so much more, but that's a taste.  I've got a big hunk of ginger root in the fridge and lately have been experimenting with "just throwing what's in the fridge and healing" into my dressing to see what happens, and so far it's been working out nicely. This was a hit, so I thought I'd share.

Printable Recipe
Spicy Healing Ginger Dressing
Ingredients
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/2" piece ginger
  • 1 cup cherry or other tomatoes
  • 1/2 fresh mango
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme (opt)
  • 2 Medjool dates
Instructions
Blend all in a high speed blender and pour over a big salad. Eat immediately. Enjoy!

Details
Prep time:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!