Sunday, June 8, 2008

cashew chocolate chip cookies = yummy!

I got this recipe, which I found on Carmella's blog (my notes are in green - also the photo I am using is not of the actual cookies - I forgot to take one before we got eating and stored the rest away, so I borrowed one from the internet instead. But this is pretty much what they look like):

Mysticat’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Posted by Mysticat on RFT (Raw Food Talk)

Cookie Batter
2 1/2 cups cashew "flour" or cashew butter (just grind in food processor until they become flour or meal - I used cashew butter)
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup melted coconut oil (I used 1/4 cup)

Chocolate Chips
(I used a Camino dark chocolate bar we'd bought earlier that day on an impulse. I chopped it into "Chips".)

Assembly
In a large bowl, mix Cookie Batter ingredients by hand.

Fold in Chocolate Chips.

Form into balls, roll in cashew "flour" and refrigerate. (I didn't bother rolling them in cashew flour, I just flattened them into cookies and popped them in the freezer for an hour).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!