Sunday, April 25, 2010

my delicious life in recipes

This morning for breakfast I had a DELICIOUS green smoothie:


Breakfast of Champions Smoothie
Printable Recipe
(makes enough for three)(not my photo - thank you, Internet)

large bunch kale

2 cups strawberries
3 bananas
2 cups water
large slice of lemon with peel
1 Tbs honey
2 Tbs bee pollen

Later for dipping fruit, I made some


Chocolate Frosting

Printable Recipe

1/3 cup semi-soft pitted Medjool dates

1/4 cup honey
1 ripe avocado
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla

Blend in food processor until creamy.


For dinner tonight, we're having Raw Pad Thai, since we're having a raw potluck in our common house tonight.



First I marinated some mushrooms:

Marinated Mushrooms

Printable recipe

10 oz mushrooms, diced
juice of 2 lemons or limes
3 Tbs coconut aminos
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
dash cayenne
6 Tbs maple syrup

Pour over mushrooms and marinate 2 hours - 2 days. I marinated for the day until dinner time.

Then I made:

Raw "Peanut" Sauce (From The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose)

1 cup raw and creamy almond butter
2 tablespoons fresh ginger (I used one)
1/2 cup water (to thin)
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
3 tablespoons coconut aminos
4 teaspoons sesame oil (optional)
2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 jalapeƱo pepper (I omitted this, as we don't like spicy)

Blend all ingredients at high speed until smooth.


I then grated 2 carrots, spiralized 2 zucchinis, finely chopped 1/4 cup cilantro, and diced one red bell pepper


I will toss the sauce over this mix and add the marinated mushrooms on top to serve.


What a delicious, delicious life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!