Monday, May 2, 2011

chocolate! for any occasion!


One of those things that I cannot seem to stay away from no matter how much I try is chocolate. I can, however, stay away from the sugar - by making my very own chocolate!

My son wanted some treats for May Day (Easter), so I made him these chocolates. And here's my recipe (approximated because that's how I roll):

1 large box baker's chocolate or the darkest chocolate you can find (I think it's about 1/2 lb) (I've also used cocoa powder in a pinch)
1/3 - 1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
honey to taste (I really have no idea how much I used)

Melt chocolate in a double boiler (I use a 4 cup measuring cup in a pot of water), then add all else and combine. Pour into whatever molds you like - I have some rabbits, stars, and cars we used for these. You can get them at Michael's or wherever candy molds are sold. Chill in fridge or freezer.

You can also spice it up with chili powder or cinnamon or even mint or orange extract. You could add dried fruit or sprouted almonds if you like, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!