Monday, June 6, 2011

portable DVD player tote

Now that we've returned from our recent trip to Vancouver, WA for the Life is Good Unschooling Conference, I can start sharing things about the trip. huzzah! And Thing One will be the lovely Portable DVD Player Tote I made with many many great thanks to this awesome tutorial.

My version (Kiernen chose the fabrics since it is essentially his DVD Player):

The outside front:
 Opened - it has velcro closures
 The back pocket, which is tricky to see with this fabric. It's huge and holds cords, the remote, headphones, etc.:
 Inside the spacious back pocket:
 Which also has velcro closure:
 The two-part inside (player side):
 with DVD sleeve inside also:
 enough space for everything one needs to make one's DVD player experience a success.
I recommend this tutorial to anyone. It was easy to follow and I think my only change, just because it was what I had, was I used quilt batting on the inside for cushioning, and flannel for the fabric (weird choice, I know). Note: If you're going to use quilt batting, do yourself a favor and make it at LEAST 1/4" smaller on all sides than the fabric. It will be SO much easier to sew together, trust me! Becaue this bag is flannel, it can also double as a pillow if needed, because it's so soft. And its washable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!