Thursday, August 30, 2012

my crafty summer

Wow, we seem to have had a busy summer. No posts in awhile, eh?

I made lots of cool things!


These four Kirby plushies (or stuffies as we call them). I used this tutorial, and modified it to look even more like the video game Kirby, with the art direction of my sweet boy.


Inspired by my success with the Kirbys, I went on to use this tutorial from Obsessively Stitching to create a flock of Angry Birds. (I'll do close-ups in a future post. They will blow your mind, because the awesome, I am full of it. I even managed to make Blu from just photos and determination.)


I also made this Hobbes, from this instructable. I knitted the top one last year. I am a huge fan of Calvin and Hobbes, to the point of having them tattooed on my ankle, so imagine me delight when my son turns out to be a huge fan, as well. I do what I can to support his fandom.


As a family, we made this Mario Power-Up Mushroom pinata. 


I sewed this birthday banner for my son's 7th birthday. I made the number removable so we can reuse it next year. Or for my birthday, or my husband's. 


I threw together this puppet theater out of curtains I'd previously made and dowel rods.  (Note to anyone trying this at home: those dowel rods are flimsy. The slightest leaning will have them on the floor. But they did do the trick, and the puppet show was successful. Bonus: I can put it up and take it down again whenever the whim occurs. And storage is easy!)

I also sewed the puppet bases for my son and his friends to make their own puppets at my son;s birthday party. Then they got to take their puppets home!


And I made this Kirby cake! 

This is only a bit of it...there are so many things we created that I haven't taken photos of! And works in progress: to come! 

Tell me about your summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!