Monday, April 9, 2018

Emotional Toolbox - Useful Tools for Emotional Support [Medical Medium S...


Healing isn't linear. And it doesn't stick to one specific region of your life. I've watched so many people who are on a journey of healing chronic illness who have healed so much more than just their physical bodies. I've seen relationships heal, I've seen PTSD and trauma heal, I've watched anxiety and depression heal, I've seen people heal their relationships with themselves and deepen their self-love and sense of self.

In my own life I have noticed that my relationship with my own mother has healed so much - we have always had love between us, but there was also a level of complication in our relationship, as with most mothers and daughters - it's fair to say that what we didn't have was trust. That has just...it has healed, and it has been so amazing. I no longer feel that resistance in my body when I am talking with her, and our relationship has never been better.

I've watched one of my dearest friends also heal her relationship with her mother, in a huge way - and also heal her medical PTSD. It's been nothing short of miraculous to witness, and for her, nothing short of miraculous to finally have her mother be the mother she always needed as a child and didn't have. And watching my friend move from victim status - and through no fault of her own, she was beaten down by the medical system as so many of us are in seeing answers to our illnesses. But she rose out of it into victor status when she finally realized that she CHOSE to be alive and keep fighting, and this was going to happen on her own terms, dammit. Something shifted inside her and it has been just amazing ever since, how empowered she sounds when I speak with her.

And don't think it came overnight. She has been using her own emotional toolbox for years. Her meditations and prayers and gratitude and focus. The point is, having a toolbox can bring great change, and great healing, if we are willing to use the tools inside.

In this video I talk about the tools I've added to my own emotional toolbox, and I realized after the fact that I've forgotten to name a couple of them! It's okay, I'll make more videos about some of the individual tools and break them down further.

There's much more in the video than on this page, so please watch it for the most complete information.

For now, this is a sort of catch-all video of 14 of the tools in my Emotional Toolbox, why I like them and how they help me. And this blog post also contains the links I referred to in the video, and promised to share.

Medical Medium Moon Meditation












2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am Caroline. I wanted to thank you for making this video about your healing from Pots and other conditions. I saw your video on facebook. And after watching you, I decided to follow the medical medium protocol. I started january. And I have made already an incredible progress. I was suffering from POTS badly. Thank you for your good work, writing about Pots, your healing journey. For me, your video was life saving and a wake-up call, that something can be done about Pots.

    Take care! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I could not be more honored to hear this, and to hear about your healing! Wow, wow, wow Caroline! I don't know how I missed this comment earlier, but I apologize, and wow, this is just amazing! Thank you for sharing this with me.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!