Thursday, June 2, 2016

Medical Medium Cleanse: Celery Juice and Raw Food Day 2


As discussed in my previous post, I'm documenting the effects of drinking 16 oz celery juice every morning. Today is Day 2.


Day 2: Again with the alive, buzzing feeling after drinking the celery juice. 

It's hard to get the right ratio of celery stalks to make 16 oz. Yesterday I got 22 with 2 stalks from Trader Joe's, today I got 12 from one larger stalk from New Seasons. I'll figure it out. Maybe 1.5 is the magic number? 

I went to take the dog out for a walk, and slipped on my crocs sandals, which unfortunately are always tight because of my constant edema in my feet from the Dysautonomia/POTS. It's called third spacing, and it's when your blood leaks from your vessels and pools in your feet. Freaky, right? But that's what happens, and sometimes my ankles will be the size of grapefruits. Usually they're at least an orange. And they ALWAYS swell when it's hot. And it's hot. 

But today, my shoes slip on with ease, which I immediately feel, an am shocked by. I look down at my feet to see NO SWELLING. None. What???? 

This hasn't happened in months - I honestly cannot remember the last time I saw my feet be their regular unswollen size. I'm not even kidding. 

I also notice my mood is lighter still and I feel pretty good. I want to get up and do things. I have the energy to get all the vitamins sorted for everyone, into their containers, even after I've made my morning foods (that usually takes me out for the rest of the day). I wanted to go outside and take the dog out, and it didn't exhaust me. 

My back still hurts, but I am completely deconditioned at this point, I have zero core strength. It's really hard to hold myself upright for any length of time. 

I eat the same food as yesterday, only on my salad I use MM's suggested salad dressing: an avocado blended with cilantro and a little salt. I also add garlic powder. Our avocados happen to be at perfect ripeness right this minute, so this dressing is AMAZING, I LOVE it.

 Again, same dinner and snacks as well. But chicken instead of lamb. Lighter mood all day. Feeling like I can get up and do things, and don't have to just sit on the sofa the whole time from lack of energy to do anything at all. 

I go outside twice today, and I notice that I can walk around the yard easily. Usually I really cannot go far in the yard without feeling like I will collapse. I'm able to walk back and forth and around without it feeling like too much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!