Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's time for planning the garden!

Tap tap tap. Is this thing on? Um, yeah, it has been awhile, hasn't it? Pretty much since Kiernen and I started our GAPS diet adventure, which for the first bit as least is mostly cooked foods. And being in the kitchen and cooking so much has left me with little time for blogging. But spring is coming! and I've been eating more and more raw foods lately, and of course I have my raw veggie juice every day along with my green smoothies (not every day, but often) as my daily fruit. And today I had the most delicious salad! I tell you, though there are definitely benefits to the GAPS way of eating, my true desire is to have it be as raw as possible - raw GAPS.

With spring on the way, my brain is filled with garden planning and seed catalogues, and this year, beekeeping! And with all of that happening, I just HAVE to share about it, yes? And so I dusted off this old raw blog...

I want to try something different with my herbs this year - I notice just how many fresh herbs I use, and I want to be able to grow much more of them. But how, with so little extra space?

Oh, maybe like this!

I am definitely going to do this - this is perfect for my herb garden!

Parsley, oregano, mint, basil, DILL!!!! Woohoo!

I'm also going to find somewhere to pick some wild chamomile - it grows EVERYWHERE around here - and grow some of that in my kale garden. I really want to learn about companion planting and permaculture...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!