Thursday, March 18, 2010

dem bones, dem bones

Yep, the ankle is broken. I managed to creak of the end of the tibula, SNAP!

I was walking along the path from the trampoline to the building in which I live, and right when I got to the end of the path I had a bit more spring in my step. When I came down on my foot, it rolled under and I felt the SNAP as I went down. I knew it was broken, and I called for my hubby  (still at the trampoline) to take me to the hospital. Immediately around me were my wonderful neighbours - MG, who brought me water when all the blood left my body and went to my ankle; V, who came with ice and ace bandages and bandaged my ankle; V and N bringing me homeopathics; N bringing  blankets and a van; K, N, my hubby and H lifting me into the van; M and E accompanying us to the hospital so E could keep Kiernen calm and M could take me home if my hubby needed to take Kiernen home. And that was just last night.

And wow, what an amazing place to be hurt. I imagine I'll heal so fast with all of this love and support!

Then today HL brought food over - the most amazing beef stew I've ever tasted - and then all these offers left and right from neighbours to cook us food or run errands or even pick up the elusive wheelchair...WOW. I have SO much appreciation for this community!!!

I'm not allowed to put any pressure on it for 10 days, then I go get a second x-ray in ten days and we'll see. I THINK that at some point I'll be able to walk on it in the boot, but right now I'm staying off of it. We're currently looking for a wheelchair that can have my LEFT leg elevated, and oddly, every place we've called or gone to today has had only RIGHT-side ones.

Tomorrow we'll call some more places. We still haven't managed to reach the red cross, so that might be an option.

 I feel strongly that I will heal quickly - N has me on a supplemental regimen that worked for him - plus our diet is for stengthening bones, so I bet I heal in record time.Also of note, Louise Hay says of ankles: "Inflexibility and guilt. Ankles represent the ability to receive pleasure." The affirmation for it is: "I deserve to rejoice in life. I accept all the pleasure life has to offer."

Interestingly, I must be blind to my own life, because I am just not sure where this applies. And so I will also be contemplating and using EFT on this, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!