Wednesday, May 11, 2016

TBT - More Kirby Universe Plush

As I've mentioned before, my son is a huge Kirby fan, an as such, has asked me to make Kirby plush when he has been unable to find the ones he wants that are manufactured. I've been more than happy to oblige because his art direction helps me hone my plush-making skills.

This one is Waddle Dee. I used pipe cleaners inside his antenna, so they are fully posable.


Metaknight unmasked. 


This is Chilly. He might seem pretty easy to make, but that hat! It's a fez, and I had to make it stand up on its own, and it took me a long time to get it right. I was super proud that I accomplished it. Achievement unlocked: Fez!


And I clearly perfected my Kirbys, because when asked to make fighter Kirby, I made this guy, who is more perfectly round than any plush Kirby I've ever seen:


Rocked it!

And last but not least, metal Kirby. Satin does NOT make good plush material! Lots of interfacing here, and it's a bit delicate. But because it's meant to be metal, it's also faceted, which was another interesting challenge. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!