Friday, January 19, 2018

How Long Before I Could Stand More?


After my Post-Holiday Victorycheck video, my fellow healing warrior at Energetic Fun Healing had some questions for me. This is one of them. She wanted to know how long it took me to be able to stand for longer periods of time, since I had been unable to stand more than 5-10 minutes without excruciating pain when I was in the midst of my chronic illness. And now I can stand for a much longer time.

That time varies, but during Thanksgiving I was able to stand for the whole day while I prepared a Medical Medium compliant holiday feast. I was so high from that experience! It felt amazing - I hadn't been able to stand like that in years! It's truly amazing what the body can do given the right tools and time to heal. I love celebrating every milestone along the way, every new thing I can do that I thought had been lost forever.

Standing for long periods is one of those things! It happened gradually, as healing takes time. Eventually I could stand more and more, and walk more, and I'm gaining strength as the time passes and my body gets more and more of what it really needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!