Sunday, June 17, 2018

Easy Vegan Fat-Free Marinara Sauce [Medical Medium Compliant]

Oh my, I'm sorry about the photo. I'm so not a proper food blogger. I don't take particularly beautiful photos of my food, and I honestly didn't know I'd be typing up this recipe just now, so I am wholly unprepared. This happens to be the photo I have of this sauce - it's not even over any noodles or anything pretty - I just wanted to get the recipe posted as a series of three recipes I'm doing for one big recipe, which is pizza.

But we use this sauce for pasta, for dipping veggies and potatoes in, and for pizza. And I'm sure there could even be other food uses for it as well. It's easy, versatile and delicious. And because I'm getting this pizza video together, I wanted to get it up quickly. So here it is, without further ado, and I am so very aware that the photo is not selling it at all.

Easy Vegan Fat-Free Marinara Sauce (fat-free, medicalmedium, vegan, paleo, plant-based)

Ingredients

1 lg onion, diced
2 jars strained tomatoes
5-6 cloves garlic, pressed
3 lg carrots, chopped
3 Tbs Italian seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
3 Tbs maple syrup
s&p to taste

I make this in the Instant Pot, but it can easily be made in a regular pot on the stove with just as little fuss. 
  1. Saute the onions in a bit of water in the Instant Pot, with the lid off. 
  2. When onions are clear, add carrot and garlic and saute a couple of more minutes. 
  3. Add seasoning and strained tomatoes, stir until combined. 
  4. Put lid on Instant Pot and seal, cook on manual, high pressure for 10 minutes. 
  5. When cooked, you can vent the steam slowly or quickly, then with a hand blender, blend the sauce until smooth. 
  6. Add maple syrup and combine. 
  7. Also at this stage if I have them I like to add fresh herbs as well, like thyme, oregano, sage, basil. Sauce is ready to serve over pasta or as a pizza topping or as a dip. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!