Friday, June 15, 2018

Curry in a Hurry [Recipe]

Some nights you just want to make something quick and delicious with no fuss. And you want that something to be hearty and nutritious and filling. And on those nights I love to make a curry. I just made one tonight, and it was so easy and fast, and the whole family loves it. So I thought I'd share it with you, as well! Sorry for the poor photo, it's not even properly in focus. I'll do better next time. 

Curry in a Hurry (low-fat, vegan, medicalmedium, paleo, plant-based)

1 sweet potato, cubed (I prefer Japanese)
2 lg russet potatoes, cubed
3/4 head cauliflower chopped into florets
1 lg onion, diced
3 lg cloves garlic, pressed
1 thumb ginger, grated
4 carrots, chopped
1 can coconut milk (can eliminate for fat-free and use veggie broth or even water instead)
2 c filtered water
1 Tbs curry
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garam masala
1 Tbs sea salt
2 c frozen peas

In Instant pot, saute' onions in water until clear. Add spices, garlic and ginger. Add potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower. Add coconut milk and 2 more cups filtered water, stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 8 minutes. When finished cooking, release steam from valve, then add in peas and stir to combine. The curry will be so piping hot, it will cook the peas in a flash. Spoon into bowls and serve.  Enjoy!

And of course let me know if you make it and how you liked it! You can tag me on IG too with #echotaishealing or @Echota_is_Healing and #curryinahurry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!