Thursday, October 25, 2018

Throw Back Thursday - Halloween Edition


I am a huge fan of Halloween. I think I like it so much because we get to dress in costumes, and I just LOVE costumes. Costumes, cosplay, Halloween....any excuse to get out my sewing machine and show my skills, and have some fun. Dress me up!

I don't have the mad costuming skills some of my friends have - friends who are actually professional costumers, and even have degrees in costuming - but I can hold my own, and I'm generally pretty proud of what I manage to come up with.

These are some of the costumes I've created in the past:




Steampunk Airship Pirate





Steampunk Airship Pirate (note: I did NOT make the corset. Just everything else).




Steampunk Airship Pirates




Lightning McQueen made completely from scratch




He was happy to wear it even though it was a bit heavy.





Sonic the Hedgehog (I didn't make the headpiece, just everything else.)



Quick Renaissance garb from pirate wear.




Old skool Robin (the taller one, natch)



This was a dress I made myself for New Year's Eve one year.




Arrr! A pirate!



We be pirates!



The Honey Tree and Owl (from Winnie-the-Pooh).



It was a group theme costume - the kids were Winnie-the-Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Christopher Robin. They were adorable!







One year we did Charmander when the kiddo was particularly into Pokémon. He was pretty knackered in the second photo after trick-or-treating through the mall in a warm costume.

This one is the piece de resistance. I sculpted this Freddy Fazbear Costume from foam, a medium I had never worked in before. The jaw moved and everything. It wasn't easy to move in, but he wanted to do it. 


I am so crazy proud of this costume. I even made a video of the making of it:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!