Wednesday, April 10, 2019

With a Couple of False Starts (Part 5)

In case you missed them, Part 1 is here; Part 2 is here; Part 3 is here; Part 4 is here.

Of course you know by now that 4 hours took us almost 7. But this time it wasn't raining, it wasn't windy, the bikes weren't blowing and bouncing around like crazy, and I was less compelled to look at them in the rearview mirror. My son and I listened to and chatted about music, the animals were mostly calmer, the sun would peek in and out of the clouds as we drove. 

These were some of the more interesting clouds we saw, at least that I was able to photograph: 



And I did it. We did it - but from a healing perspective, I did it! My husband high fived me and said, "You did it! I'm so proud of you!" and he gave me a big hug. Yeah, I did do it. I was pretty proud of myself, because man, that was so much of a lot for me, and I still didn't know how I would feel the next day. And there was still so much to do in the RV to get it ready for us to actually sleep in. The animals and I waited in the car for a bit, as I was too exhausted to move.


But little by little, things got put together. Electrical plugged in. Water hooked up. Toilet ready for pooping! (We can't poop in it while we're driving for reasons, it's a compost toilet and it just isn't a good idea, I don't want to go into the whole thing here). Heaters plugged in, my son's computer out and hooked up so he could finally relax. Dinner started for my son - NOT curry! Lentil pasta with Caulifredo Sauce.

Little by little, putting things away. Getting things out that needed to be out. Feeding the animals. Feeding us. Getting the other bedding put on the bed (the hotel bedding gets washed of course, it's touched chemical beds!). Feeling my body unclench. Feeling the tension begin to leave. Thanking the Angels for all of their help on this trip (believe me, I was talking to them SO much during this entire ordeal, begging for their help to make it through/when crossing bridges/through the rain in the RV/etc etc). Breathing. Big deep sighs of relief.

We're here. We're going to get to see family now. Tomorrow is just a rest day. A do what we want day. There are some groceries to be bought and there are things to put away, but tomorrow is for rest too, and ha, apparently for blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!