Sunday, June 2, 2019

20 Years of Marriage



May 30th was our 20th Anniversary of being married. 

I told my husband last week, "20 Years. We should be getting some sort of medal." I genuinely meant it. I don't know about other marriages, but for us, 20 years of marriage has been no easy feat. I honestly don't think it is for anyone.

My husband surprised me by bringing me flowers, a card, and he wrote me a song. Our Together Song. He's not a songwriter, this isn't something he does all the time.

This was truly a surprise, and it was beyond perfect.

It's the song of the story of our life together, and it made me cry tears of appreciation and joy. He'd been secretly working on it after I went to bed. It's the best gift he could have given me. I will cherish it always.

It hasn't been an easy road for us. 


We lost a child, then had secondary infertility, then a miscarriage. Later came some big growing pains that threatened to take us apart, and then my illness. And now here we are on this healing journey.


Together against all odds. But here we are. And 20 years later. I mean damn. That really is something to celebrate. On that day we celebrated by going for a family walk all around the grounds of the RV resort we are staying in. We even took Pendleton in his stroller. It was a lovely day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!