Wednesday, February 12, 2020

What's Up Wednesday #77 - Holding my Inner Child



Medical Medium  has said that Compassion is the understanding of suffering. I feel that so deeply in my soul.

It's okay to feel the grief of not getting our needs met as children. It's okay to take time to process that pain. It's okay to feel anger, sadness, rage, grief, deep hurt, and any other emotion that comes up about it.


We don't need to prove anything to anyone. We don't need our healing to look a certain way. All we need to do is honor our own journey. To take all the time we need to slow down, to process, to create our routines to best support ourselves and our healing.

Who we are matters in this world. The proof of that is that we are still here. We are the light. Our healing matters. Self-care matters. Self-compassion matters.

It's okay to take whatever time is needed to be slow and deliberate and to heal. In whatever way best works for us. We have nothing to prove. It's not a race.

Our healing IS for us but it's also for the world that we take this time. Because as we let our light shine, as we give ourselves that compassion, we give others permission to do the same. And so we are all igniting compassion in the world.

And what this world needs to heal is compassion.

Give yourself love in the way that you would a small child. I like to put my hand on my heart and say, "I love you," slowly over and over, thinking of the child inside who needed a kind of love and compassion she never received. I can give it to her now. I'm here for her now.

Sometimes the emotions coming up are the child that needs love and compassion. The response is the same : Hand on my heart, "I love you," slowly over and over until I feel the release. The release that comes from being witnessed, acknowledged and loved.

Where can you offer your inner child love and compassion? What is coming up that needs to be seen, heard and acknowledged? Can you sit with yourself, breathe and send love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!