Friday, August 21, 2009

Don't use that SIGG bottle!

Swiss sports and children's bottle maker SIGG has admitted what many consumer advocates have suspected for years, but never proven: That the epoxy lining used for years in SIGG bottles - which they secretly swapped out for a new liner last summer - contained the hormone-disrupting chemical bisphenol-A. There's more to the story than that, but the bottom line is that this company is in a very vulnerable position, and there are a couple of factors that will make it hard for them to claim the high road on this issue.


Full article here.

I don't use a SIGG anymore, I and my whole family use Kleen Kanteen, but I used to use a SIGG, and many of my friends did and do use them. I've got to give a giant WTF on this one, why would they even MAKE a decision to use this stuff when they KNOW that the reason people even BUY their bottles is to get away from this stuff???

This is actually one of the reasons I switched to stainless steel - I'm pretty sure I know what is in it, and even so, I change the water every day, I never let it sit. Water takes on the properties of whatever it is housed in, so I don't take any chances.