Sunday, March 17, 2019

What's Up Wednesday #47 - A Bit of a Cynical Rant



This past week, I couldn't even get a Wednesday video up before the weekend! And it wasn't to do with my being so busy really, if I'm honest. It's more to do with my skin being SO red that I didn't want to show my face. I don't wear makeup, and believe it or not given all the videos I've done with my skin all red and rashy, it does actually embarrass me. But it's part of the process, isn't it? It's part of the healing process, to show the different cycles and stages my skin goes through, and how long it takes to fully heal. It's often one of the last symptoms to disappear for some of us, sadly.

Not having made a video for What's Up Wednesday really didn't fel right, so I gave in on Friday and filmed one - only to not be able to fully edit and complete it until Saturday - and here we are.

In the video I talk about how Taste Nirvana - the coconut water we were all drinking - changed its formula - it had been the ONLY pure coconut water in the US, the only one without stuff added to it - and they changed it! They claim it's because they kept getting complaints from people saying that the taste was inconsistent. Duh, really? It's coconut water, it comes from a coconut, and you're surprised about inconsistency? And they really got enough complaints that a whole company went to the expense to change their entire formula? I'm not buying that BS. I think it was more a matter of palms being greased and influencers saying you need to add this, stealing away our health little by little by adding MSG to a product they knew we were drinking almost daily. It's infuriating.

It was the ONLY one. So now if we want coconut water in the US, we have to use young thai coconuts, and then figure out something to do with the flesh inside too - I don't want to waste it but I won't eat it because of the fat. However, my family still eats a bit of fat, so I could make it into wraps and feed it to them. Or noodles. Oooh, I could blend it into sauces for them for creaminess....well, at least I already have a Coco Jack.

That's not all I talk about, there's another rant about finding a website designing platform that makes it relatively easy, yet is customizable, but also has really good blog support...I know you're going to say Wordpress but let me finish - and also doesn't get hacked on the regular. Wix and Squarespace both have great interface and features, and semi decent blog support, but you can't import a blog from anywhere else. Dealbreaker. Wordpress gets hacked too easily, and if something goes awry, it's on you, or rather me. Nope.

I actually did a third rant about the poor quality of the Canon Rebel EOS, but I deleted it from the video because it was just TOO much ranting, and rather unnecessary to a weekly healing uppdate....but I'll just say here if you are thinking of buying one for your YouTube channel, don't bother. I have so many reasons. It cuts off the videos every 10 minutes or so, really really poor battery life, feels flimsy, makes me miss my Nikon D70S (didn't take video but STILL WORKS) and my Pentax K1000 (film camera, also still works after 33 years, but obviously not usable for well, much of anything anymore).

Oh and yeah, I sort of did a healing update? I talked about my foods and my skin but got sidetracked by ranting. Well, it's got to come out sometimes, right? I guess today was one of those days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!