Monday, April 29, 2019

What's Up Wednesday #50 - Three Steps Forward, Two Steps Back




Holy moly, can this healing journey ever be difficult sometimes! Not the healing itself, but what we are healing, and going through setbacks. Running adrenaline for a month straight can really set a person back. I'm so feeling the effects of that now, and of not having enough self-support or stability to really take care of myself properly, in the way my body really needs during this time. 

I'm doing my very best, though, and I'm having some compassion for myself on good days. It's never perfect, but we do the best we can. And we credit ourselves for it - that's so important! Acknowledge how hard we are working in difficult circumstances. It's not perfect but it's pretty darn impressive anyway. 

So this trip hasn't exactly gone according to plan, from the start. We've established that I think in previous posts. I haven't seen my family near as much as I wanted to, and seeing them has been such an incredible gift - it's been like gold. And it made me want more. For myself and for my son. He loves seeing his grandparents -  he lights up when he gets to go see them. Both sides. 

It's been making me think. And it's part of what I talk about in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!