Saturday, June 4, 2016

Medical Medium Cleanse: Celery Juice and Raw Food Day 4

As discussed in my original post, I'm documenting the effects of drinking 16 oz celery juice every morning (and transitioning back to raw fruits and veggies). Today is Day 4.

 Day 1     Day 2     Day 3


Day 4: Today I had to make sure I got all this down before it left my mind. It's been three days and I kept meaning to record everything about what's happening, and I hadn't. But I find I'm having to MAKE myself sit here and type it all out, because I keep wanting to get up and do other things and not be sitting here on the sofa - my home of the last two years. 

Already from starting to write all this out I've gotten up to make all the food, go outside and play with my son and Muffins, make my smoothie, play with Muffins some more. 

I think my back is the only thing that keeps reminding me that I need to take lots of rests. If it weren't for my back I'd be up tidying the house or something, maybe even dusting. Ha! 

And today I managed an almost perfect 16 oz! It's difficult because I have to add water to get the Vitamix to blend the celery properly, so I'm not exactly sure that the celery juice is the perfect amount, but let's just pretend it is. 

Feet still regular, unswollen feet. I feel less puffy all over, which is ironic, because my period is starting and that's usually when I feel like a giant balloon. And that's on top of all the extra weight I carry - it's EXTRA extra bloat. 

So it's amazing. Also, usually the day before my period, I'm a mess emotionally - crying, just all over the place. Irritable, sure. But I get really really dark thoughts - it's crazy. And scary. And I go to such a dark place. And then my period will start and I'm like, "Oh, RIGHT!" and it lifts and I just deal with all of the other things about my period that cause discomfort, like feeling it in my back instead of my front - it's like back labor instead of cramps. It will be really interesting to see how this goes this month - I mean this is only Day 4, so how much of an effect will it have?

For lunch today I didn't have any avocados so I used our regular dressing instead. Just a little olive oil and apple cider vinegar. I felt the difference. I'm less cheerful and happy. Not grumpy per se, just it's LESS. My back also hurts so much - that might also be a part of why I'm less cheerful. BUT still not as much as it usually does when my period starts, so I still call it a plus. 

Same food otherwise - I'm not tired of it yet! I just need more avocados, ripe ones - we're going through them SO fast now. Two a day, but it could easily be more - I'm just rationing them.

Dinner was salad agin WITH avocados - my husband ran out and got some for me! He managed to find ripe ones, thankfully.

I found some dates in the freezer for a snack, but still ended up having some Gimme seaweed chips as well. But I don't think I'm going to let that happen again - I just don't feel as good after I eat those.  

I'll figure something else out for a later night treat....

Noticed the oil seemed to make my skin break out and feel unhappy, my face is feeling really oily. Apparently at least right now I need to be super careful with what I eat. MUST keep avocados on hand at all times. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!