Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Medical Medium Cleanse: Celery Juice and Raw Food Day 14 - Two Weeks!

As discussed in my original post, I'm documenting the effects of drinking 16 oz celery juice every morning (and transitioning back to raw fruits and veggies). Today is Day 14.

 Day 1     Day 2     Day 3     Day 4     Day 5     Day 6     Day 8     Day 9     Day 10     Day 11     Day 12     Day 13

Food today:

18 oz celery juice
lemon water all day
Smoothie: 1 c water, 5 ice cubes, spinach, frozen mango, frozen wild blueberries, 1 banana, 1/2 peach, supplements
Lunch salad: lettuce, tomato, orange, red pepper, shredded beet, shredded carrot, dressing (parsley, avocado, garlic powder , onion powder)
Snacks: banana, cherries, dates
Dinner: sweet potato fries (baked), raw red peppers, dressing (avocado, salt, garlic powder, onion powder)

Last night, about 4 hours after the addition of dulse to my salad, after I'd gone to sleep, I was awakened by nausea, a metal sensation in my teeth, a headache, and pain in my back and sciatic area. I'd had a bowel movement right before bed, which normally doesn't happen. Apparently the dulse was doing its job (binding and moving metals out of my body), and I was having a bad reaction to it.

At first I lay there praying to go back to sleep, praying for mercy, trying to fall back asleep, but to no avail. I woke up my husband and asked him to take a sick day because I knew this wasn't going to be good. He agreed.

I took two benadryl because I was also having a mast cell reaction (my benadryl is compounded because I can't tolerate the regular stuff), laid down on the sofa, and finally fell asleep when the benadryl kicked in. I didn't sleep amazingly, but I slept, and today woke up groggy and kind of out of it (I accidentally used my husband's toothbrush to brush my teeth - my toothbrush is purple and his is green).

My muscles are sore and achy in my back, sciatic area, and shoulders. It's cold outside, though, so that could also be contributing - barometric pressure and weather changes always affect me.

So if I'm going to do the heavy metal detox part of this cleanse, I'm going to need to figure out a way to go reeeeaaalllllyyyy slowly. Because my husband only has a limited number of sick days, and I can't have this keep happening. SO, tiny tiny amounts of the chelation plants, built up over time maybe.

I knew I had lots of heavy metals in there, but damn. And ouch!

Usually after a mast cell reaction there is also a big emotional reaction as well, so I'm taking it really easy today and looking out for that aspect to rear it's head as well. So far so good, so we shall see. 

I basically had a day of rest, after the detox it just felt like what was needed. I even had something cooked for dinner: sweet potato fries. It felt okay to do, to slow down the cleanse a little bit, at least for today. They did make me feel sleepy afterwards, though. 

Interestingly, I'm just noticing that as rough as I feel today, it's still better than before I started the cleanse. Pretty amazing. 



Continue to Medical Medium Cleanse: Celery Juice and Raw Food Day 15 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!