Saturday, June 18, 2016

Medical Medium Cleanse: Celery Juice and Raw Food Day 18

As discussed in my original post, I'm documenting the effects of drinking 16 oz celery juice every morning (and transitioning back to raw fruits and veggies). Today is Day 18.

 Day 1     Day 2     Day 3     Day 4     Day 5     Day 6     Day 8     Day 9     Day 10     Day 11     Day 12     Day 13     Day 14     Day 15     Day 16     Day 17

Food:
20 oz celery juice
lemon water all day
Smoothie: banana, papaya. frozen mango, frozen wild blueberries, kale, ice, water, d-ribose
Snack: Red potato fries, cooked
Lunch salad: lettuce, tomato, red pepper, apple, shredded beet, cucumber, dressing (avocado, salt, garlic powder, onion powder)
Snacks: 
Dinner salad: lettuce, tomato, red pepper, apple, shredded beet, cucumber, dressing (avocado, salt, garlic powder, onion powder)

I know, I know, the potato fries, right? Have you ever HAD red potato fries? Oh my goodness. Especially after you haven't eaten potatoes for the longest ever....mmmmm.

Also it's cold outside. And also? Stress. So....I'm not proud, but there are a billion times worse things I could be doing to myself. And these aren't even a NO on the cleanse. They'll just slow it down. I'm okay with that, it's one day. Oh my goodness, they are GOOD. 


We're out of potatoes after this, so we're good. 


I'm not usually a fan of papaya, but it has so many good healing qualities, I thought okay, if I can get it down in a smoothie, I'll be able to eat these. And I did it! Woohoo for me! 

Papaya is high in beta-carotene, vitamins C & A, and minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and iron. It's good for digestion and healing for the gut. Papaya reduces inflammation and removes toxins. You can even eat the seeds, which are like spicy little digestive enzymes! So you can see why I'm trying to get more of it into my body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!