Thursday, June 16, 2016

Medical Medium Cleanse: Celery Juice and Raw Food Day 16

As discussed in my original post, I'm documenting the effects of drinking 16 oz celery juice every morning (and transitioning back to raw fruits and veggies). Today is Day 16.

 Day 1     Day 2     Day 3     Day 4     Day 5     Day 6     Day 8     Day 9     Day 10     Day 11     Day 12     Day 13     Day 14     Day 15

Food:
22 oz celery juice
Lemon water all day
Smoothie: banana, frozen mango, frozen wild blueberries, 1/4 tsp spirulina, supplements, water, kale
Lunch salad: lettuce, apple, red pepper, cucumber, shredded carrot, dressing (avocado, cilantro, salt, garlic powder, onion powder)
Snacks: cherries, dates, orange, banana
Dinner: sweet potato fries with olive oil and salt

The weather keeps changing from sunny to cloudy to rain to sunny, and that constant barometric pressure change really messes with my energy and the way I feel.  My blood feels heavy, it feels like pressure on my body, my pain flares. 

I am regaining energy from the crash after the reaction to the dulse, but also, it's no as much as it was before, but still more than before I started the cleanse. 

But then after I ate the salad for lunch - is it the combination of the two metal detox agents that does it? Did adding just that 1/4 tsp spirulina really affect me that heavily? Perhaps my body just really isn't strong enough to do any sort of metal detox just yet. Maybe I just really need to get stronger before I can handle it at all, or else prepare myself for feeling like the WORST for awhile. I'm not sure I can do that latter thing though unless my husband can stay home from work for about a week to take care of things, because crashes like that really require a caregiver around. Not the one today - that was much more subtle - but somewhere in between the dulse (which because of my mast cell disorder could have led to somewhere more anaphylactic) and the spirulina (just feeling sort of fluish, headachy, and sans energy). 

Oh, also, my anxiety really ramped up - we had some worker bees coming over to finish some yard stuff and I couldn't even  - I had to have my husband deal with all of it, and previous to this on the cleanse, my anxiety had pretty much subsided and I felt capable of human interaction again.

That was one of those things I'd forgotten to notice was gone until it came back in full force. I'd also scheduled the sale of a Craigslist item and I couldn't even deal with that happening, again I had to make my husband handle all of it. Anxiety is a harsh mistress. I'm so glad when she leaves me.

So you maybe see why I'm not so into the feelings of this detox stuff. The freedom I feel without the anxiety is unparalleled - I feel so light and free and unfettered - I can do anything and be myself and interact with other humans freely. With anxiety I cannot leave my home nor allow anyone in, I cannot make a phone call or return an email or do anything without panic setting in, and dread.

So...I guess for now I'll just keep doing the cleanse sans any metal detox agents, like spirulina, cilantro, parsley, dulse, or barley grass powder. Until I'm stronger. Until I have more healing under my belt.




See? Roller coaster. Three steps forward, two back. Still going forward, but there is a learning curve, and there are bumps in the road, and everything isn't just smooth sailing from here on out, unfortunately. But that's okay, because I know I'm still healing. I know I'm still progressing in the right direction, even if I have bumps. I *could* go ahead at that pace and deal with the healing crisis, but I'm not really ready for that right now. Maybe on weekends when my husband is home to take care of everything, I can do some metals detox stuff. But very slowly. In tiny amounts at a time. 


Learning curve. 

If you're interested in reading the Medical Medium book, it can be found here.

Continue to Medical Medium Cleanse: Celery Juice and Raw Food Day 17



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!