Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Medical Medium Cleanse: Celery Juice and Raw Food Day 28

As discussed in my original post, I'm documenting the effects of drinking 16 oz celery juice every morning (and transitioning back to raw fruits and veggies). Today is Day 28.

Day 1     Day 2     Day 3     Day 4     Day 5     Day 6     Day 7     Day 8     Day 9     Day 10     Day 11     Day 12     Day 13     Day 14     Day 15     Day 16     Day 17     Day 18     Day 19     Day 20     Day 21     Day 22     Day 23     Day 24     Day 25     Day 26     Day 27

Food:

18 oz celery juice
lemon water all day
Smoothie: mango, frozen wild blueberries, strawberries, banana, kale, water, supplements
Salad: lettuce, cabbage, apple, cucumber, carrot, dressing (orange juice, avocado, garlic power, onion powder, chives, salt)
Snacks: banana
Salad: cabbage, mango, carrot, cucumber, dressing (avocado, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, powdered ginger, chives)
Red potato fries

Well, I guess this is technically "The Last Day" of this cleanse, but really, it's just the beginning. I'm probably going to do the cleanse again, full version, as outlined in the book. I did a modified version here. (2 salads a day and cooked potato at night half the time - oh, and more avocado than is called for.) In the original version, night is a sort of raw veggie soup, there is nothing cooked, the dressing is 1/2 avocado, juice of 2 oranges, and the other ingredients. I tried it that way and while it's good, it's not AS good as just the avocado blended with the other stuff, so I went back to it. Baby steps.

I'm still learning a lot about all of the aspects of the Medical Medium's specific protocol and why, and I'm still trying to figure out how to do the heavy metal detox portion of the cleanse without harming myself or taking myself back to the state I was in before I started eating this way again. I'm making my way back to health and while it might be a little slow, it's exponentially faster than it was before, and I'm delighted with my progress. I know there is more work to do, and I'm doing it - and I finally know I am going in the right direction for me. I mean, look at the results!

~ The swelling in my feet has gone down significantly. 


~ I have actual energy to do things in my day. 

~ I'm getting stronger and stronger. 

~ There is less pain in my back.

~ I can stand for longer periods of time, and walk for longer. 

~ I can leave the house without a mask - that is huge. 

~ Leaving the house doesn't mean days of recovery afterward. 

~ My anxiety levels have dropped so significantly I feel like I can function again (make phone calls, meet with people, make plans outside of my house). 

~ I am able to do some level of physical labor, like working in the yard. 

~ My brain fog has lessened dramatically.

~ I can bend over and do things much more, without feeling my heart race and my BP change.

~ I am present with my family again. 

~ I have been able to do physical things to contribute to my family again. 

~ I feel hopeful. 

~ I've been much much more positive and upbeat in general. I've been a lot less moody and irritable. 

~ My son is excited because now we can plan things like going to the beach and to festivals. 


Got two quotes from certified arborists today and that felt great - it was just me, explaining things to them, and walking them around the property. It was REALLY hot - 92 degrees, and I did fine (heat would usually cause a mast cell reaction). Everything about that was amazing, and I'm excited to hire one of them and have them do the work, once the third guy comes out tomorrow.

I *almost* went to the grocery store today, but I couldn't convince my son that it was a great idea, and I wasn't super attached to going, so it didn't happen. But tomorrow I might, because I need yeast for the gluten-free bread I'm baking. And I want to just bake it, not wait until my husband gets home and can run to the store. Because I CAN!

I'm feeling pretty darn good about things right now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting, it is always a pleasure to hear from anyone who is reading. Note that all comments are moderated, so when you post your comment, it will show up once its been reviewed. Thank you for your patience and your time. I wish you healing, and stay curious!